For people who need great music with powerful voluminous bass, suboofers are must-haves. The 15 inch subwoofer models ensure that they produce an impressive amount of sound that smaller subwoofers fail to match up to. Here we take our time to review the best 15 inch subwoofer under 200 USD.
That said it is also essential to know that a subwoofer of this dimension needs to be able to strike a balance between power and precision.
This balance can be achieved and the right product purchased if a few features are taken into consideration. Here are a few features to consider before investing in a 15 inch subwoofer.
Best 15 Inch subwoofer review
Efficiency, output and stability are the three most important factors that decide a subwoofer’s overall performance. A good 15 inch subwoofer should be able to enhance low audio frequencies without excessive consumption of resources or posing a threat to its own stability.
There are four essential categories that must be taken care of before selecting the best 15 inch subwoofer:
Sensitivity and Power:
More than peak wattage, a subwoofer’s consistent average power decides its regular output and its performance levels.
A 15 inch subwoofer should ideally have an efficiency of 750 watts or higher. This is what an individual seeking a good output looks for in a 15 inch model.
The primary function of a subwoofer is to enhance sounds with very low frequencies. The best way to find out a good subwoofer is to find one with a lower standard range that will be more effective.
A subwoofer owes its sound and power to its voice coils. Their design and housing directly affect their efficiency and effectiveness of a speaker.
While an alternating current flows, a certain resistance is offered by the subwoofer. Nominal Impedance is a measure of this resistance. The fewer the ohms, the more efficient is the speaker since there is lesser resistance.
Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Small-Enclosure Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
This time around, Lanzar Max Pro is all set to pound your ears with the 15 inch, 4 Ohm sub woofer built for small enclosures with a maximum capacity of 2000 watts.
Features of Lanzar MAXP154D Max Pro 15-Inch 2000-Watt Small-Enclosure Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer
- Size of the speaker is 15 inches.
- The voice coil is a 4 Ohm (dual) with 100 oz each.
- The magnets are double stacked.
- The magnet boot specially designed of rubber.
- The steel basket is built as light weight and durable.
- Motor structure is vented and bumped to ensure long life.
- Finishing touch has suspended foam edge and non pressed cone for finer looks.
What you would love about this product
- Check out the performance. Literally pounds into your ears when aptly placed in enclosures.
This product can enhance your audio system in a huge way.
- Works great for the reasonable price you pay. Ideal for a budget shopper.
- Perfect for smaller spaces. Does not occupy much of your space.
- Ideal for car audio. You can opt to place it either under the car seat or behind it to get maximum boom power.
- Rubber suspension that enhances your sound quality and does not wear out easily.
- The coil has a high temperature and can hold up heat much better than other brands.
- The vented motor structure makes it more durable.
- The steel basket makes it light in weight and further enhances its durability.
Some aspects to look out for
- These beasts work best with the right enclosures. Make the right one to hear the lower frequencies.
- There is no instruction manual to help beginners. So if you are confused with the connection, take no chances.
- The terminals of some other brands are known to have better finish.
- The overall product looks quite beefy than in actual feel and hold.
- The voice coils are really not meant for rough use. They need good maintenance.
- Shipping could play havoc with your product at times. A dust cap that needs gluing here or a magnet cover that’s rattling there. But nothing major that you cannot fix!
Looking at what this product actually delivers to you for the price; it seems to be a worthy buy. If you can make up the right enclosure with the air space that’s ideal for this product, you are sure to rock the show!
Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer
That might bring you to Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer from Epsilon Electronics Inc. That is guaranteed to give you the boom you expect from a quality subwoofer.
Features of Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer
The Power Acoustik Subwoofer comes packed with high power features that will persuade you into getting one. The best highlights of this subwoofer include:
- The subwoofer is power packed with 3000 Watts Max or 1700 Watts RMS.
- The design flaunts a 2.5″ four-layered coil coming on aluminum former. It has an 8GA compression wire terminals that are plated with nickel.
- The woofer is dual stacked with a 340 Oz Strontium Ferrite magnets and 2 Ohm voice coils.
- This is a 15″ competition woofer with a 4 spline heat-sink that is yet to be patented.
- It has aluminum reinforcement fins that hold an aluminum dust cap.
- It has dual conex spiders and is surrounded with UV coated foam.
This subwoofer will be added advantage to your car or home stereo and often clients get vented subwoofer box to give boost to home speaker. Amazon customers rated this product 4.2 out of 5 stars and have vouched excellent experience with it.
- The amazing sound quality that you get. It is way better than other comparative competition subwoofers.
- The quality of your audio experience is considerably influenced by this product and that too at a favorable price than others with similar voice quality.
- Redone kits are manufactured by the brand for repair solutions; hence there are no breakdown worries.
Though the subwoofer gives high power output, some might find that it is not enough. That is clearly a personal choice.
Also there were few clients who had experience of the product needing replacement within weeks after purchase.
These cases could be due to faulty connections and there are return options for retailers like Amazon. Apart from that, the product comes with a 90 day warranty.
If you are looking for high power at a low budget, Power Acoustik MOFO 15-Inch Competition Subwoofer is your best bet. This makes an amazing purchase, is worth the money and offers gives excellent quality; all at a reasonable cost.
Massive Audio HIPPO152 – 15″ Woofer 4000W Dvc 2 OHM 2000W RMS Massiv
Massive audio launches the hippo series (HIPPO 152) dual 2 Ohm sub woofer that can revolutionize your musical experience. With a 2000watts RMS and a peak of 4000 watts, these subs will stand true to their name – be massive!
What to look out for!
- The dual voice coils are built for flexibility and handling the ohm levels of the electrical system as well.
- A 2000 watt RMS needs you to fit an amplifier that can really handle these beasts. Their impact is best felt through such high power amplifiers.
- The subs are made of kevlar fiber, reinforced polymers that are durable and stylish to look.
- The non pressed paper cone and the reinforced surrounding edge have a professional touch.
- The basket frame is made of die cast alloy that would hold up durably.
- The strontium magnet is meant for high energy usage.
- The gasket and the dust cap give the finishing touch to these woofers while still serving their respective purposes well.
- The edges are stitched to the cone to add more strength.
- These subs could draw power immensely and totally drain out your car batteries if you are not geared for it. So be wary and don’t underestimate their power hunger.
- The quality of the basket frame greatly impacts the quality of music from the subs. Massive ensures you get the best in these subs.
- The dust caps are reinforced with fiberglass built for high power applications.
- What holds up the magnet in place is the quality boot that would let the whole unit work best.
- The spider is made of nomex fiber. This polymer is meant to give flexibility as well as durability to the products.
You need to choose the right vent box for these subs. A 3/4” MDF box would do though a 1”MDF box could best suit these woofers. Subs work best when stationed well in a box.
So choose your sealed and vented enclosures accordingly. You could also place the MDF board under the rear seat to fit these woofers.
If you are an amateur, you may need technical help here as there are no specific instructions about ways to fit the subs.
The power hunger of this model could make you think twice before you would want to invest in these woofers. But with blaring impact, HIPPO series could blow you away.
Kicker Comp 07C154 15-Inch 4-Ohm Subwoofer Review
American Sound Connection brings in exceptional bass with the Kicker Comp 07C154 15-Inch 4-Ohm Subwoofer.
- The package contains a dual sub woofer box of 15”
- A 15” kicker C15 sub woofer that has RMS power of 250 watts and a peak power of 500 watts.
- With a sensitivity of 90.3, these woofers respond to 25-500 Hz.
- The impedance is a single 4 Ohm.
- The mounting depth and cutout are 7-7/16” and 13-11/16” respectively.
- The vented sub box is built with a mounting depth of 17” and an air space of 2.4 cubic feet per sub is provided.
- The 1” MDF holds up the whole set up in a sturdy way.
- Built with dimensions of 36”*16-1/2”*18* (W*H*D)
- The product has a finishing touch with the gray carpet and a high quality binding terminal cup.
- Kicker C15 can hit you hard on your head with the kind of bass effect that it creates.
- The high quality 1”MDF catches even small sounds that would otherwise get lost in the higher bass notes. If you are looking for those large woofers that would make your car shake, then you have made the right choice.
- The subs are wired separately and on either side of the box there is a terminal.
- You can also wire this to a mono-block amplifier. In mono block amplifiers there is no bridging as there is only 1 channel. The outputs will let you connect to multiple woofers. But the choice of these woofers should be based on the ohm load capacity.
- Hooking the amplifiers needs a bit of technical help for beginners since there are no instruction manuals for it. If you are getting it shipped over long distance, it would be ideal to specify packing instructions. Some orders tend to get shaken up over transit.
- These woofers are quite big and do not suit smaller cars. The 15” space that these occupy cannot be replaced by another woofer box too, as that would affect the quality of your music.
The unit is specifically designed to amplify and enhance your low frequency bass sounds and capture both the high and low notes.
The low audio range of these sub woofers really lets you enjoy the music. With immense clarity of notes and an enclosure box that prevents noise distortion, this is the product that you might be looking for to enjoy great music.
Skar Audio ZVX-18v2 18″ 1500 Watt RMS Dual 2 Ohm Subwoofer
Skar Audio has given us yet another star rated product- the Skar Audio ZVX-18v2. This is one of the best daily usage woofers in the market that has capacity to be pushed beyond limits. It can bring in power and performance at a competitive level as well as for other music applications.
Skar ZVX-18v2 is a highly capable subwoofer that can be utilized to its fullest potential; yet give you the same quality output. The major highlights are:
- There is 1500 Watts power in this 18″ ZVXv2 woofer.
- It has 3″/ 8 layer flat wound CCAW voice coil.
- The design incorporates competition grade paper cone with design for ultra-low distortion.
- The surround system high rolls, being stitched to competition grade paper cone makes it a strong speaker.
- The product features highly efficient cooling system, enabling it to work for prolonged periods.
- It flaunts heavy duty speaker push terminals.
The system comes with a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty. This product is highly powerful, upgraded version of Skar series of subwoofers that was introduced in the market around 2 years back. It is made available with retailers like eBay and Amazon.
The Skar ZVXv2 subwoofer series comes with 1500 watts power and owning one entitles you to enjoy:
- A highly capable and efficient subwoofer that can be pushed to its limit, but still gives the output you will enjoy.
- Parameters in the woofer are set in such a way that the system performs on an excellent mark in a competitive bracket.
- Inbuilt cooling system enables it to work for longer periods without fail.
- System can be used without affecting the sound quality on variety of other musical applications.
This is the meanest, most powerful and loudest product by Skar that could keep up with your needs related to sound quality and frequency of usage.
There are a few shortcomings that people have noticed:
- The low power might be a deterrent to sound lovers but the quality of sound makes up for it.
- It may not give the kind of boom that most wish for in their system but is good enough for everyday use.
If you are looking for a regular subwoofer which you have to use on a daily basis and for prolonged time periods, this could be an ideal choice. There is no way this system will let you down apart from the low power, if you are willing to compromise on that.